The RealTechniques Powder Brush is the latest addition to my brush collection and I thought I would do a short review for you. There are so many brushes on the market at different price points and it can be a challenge to decide which ones can do what you need within your budget.
I would love to have a shiny matching set of brushes but I just can’t justify the spend all at once, as a result of brush collection is a mis-match of brands and quality, that I have added to keep up with my expanding collection of cosmetics.
Basics of the Brush
- The brush is made by Sam Chapman (pixiwoo) who you may have seen on YouTube
- It is made with sythetic bristles and promises to be 100% cruelty free.
- It can stand on it’s end as with all the brushed in this range. So you can line them up all pretty on your dressing table if you have one (I don’t sadly).
- The name of the brush is printed on the handle which is useful especially if you are still learning about make-up & brushes.
- If you are new to this type of brush or just want to learn more realTechinques have a how to video on their website.
Things I like about it
- This brush is soooo fluffy it feels lovely to dust against your face.
- It is a nice weight, easy to hold and grip.
- Coverage- it picks up just the right about of product and allows you to sweep it evenly across your face. I have been using this mainly with my finishing power (current favourite is Rimmel Stay Matte) but I have also used this with my bronzer.
- The head of the brush is nice and big which is what I want in a powder brush, I have taken a picture which it next to a Rimmel Nail scale.
Overall, I am very pleased with this brush and would purchase another from the range, as I think in terms of quality vs price this brush is great.
Anyway hope you enjoyed this quick review, what is your favourite make-up brush?
I will be posting Tuesday,Thursdays & Sundays!